Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Bare-Knuckle Bentley

The car on the left is the Bentley Continental Supersports, new for 2010. Weighing in at a touch over 5,000 lbs and producing a little over 600 bhp from its massive twin turbocharged W-12 power plant, this heap of sculpted artistry will scoot you along in all-wheel-drive bliss from your garage to anywhere you have in mind... before you have even made up your mind on where to go! A top speed clearing the 200 mph mark and a price tag closer to 300K places this car squarely in the category of "slightly out of human reach"!

The general manager of the dealership and I both agreed that we needed to exploit this car differently than the other, mere mortal, Bentleys on the lot. A night shoot was in order.

I used Elinchrom 400 BX strobes on 15' tripods flanking the car with a Nikon SB800 strobe on the ground behind the car for the lighting. The camera was a Nikon D200 set to RAW, 100 ISO, F9, 1/60 shutter speed, and lens at 50mm. Not a lot of post processing was involved other than a bit of sharpening and color correction.

I love to shoot high end cars. There's something gratifying for me having spent most of my childhood dreaming about what it would be like to drive them. Now I get to make part of my career around them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews