Sunday, August 15, 2010

My Review of Spenco 2nd Skin

Originally submitted at REI

Spenco® 2nd Skin® soothes, cools and protects against rubbing and blisters.


Needs better adhesive pads!!!

By BoulderBouncer from Taylorsville, UT on 8/15/2010

 

2out of 5

Gift: No

Pros: Soothing, Easy To Use

Cons: Needs stronger adhesive

Describe Yourself: Avid Adventurer

I picked this up after suffering through several blister bouts from my mountaineering boots (including one particularly painful one in the Tetons where the ENTIRE back of my heels peeled off). I had already changed out the insoles but still had blistered heels. The package says that it helps prevent and treat blisters. I bought it for the prevention end. Instantly, after application, my boots felt better. I spent an 8 hour day in the Wasatch making a spectacular loop below the Pfeifferhorn through Maybird and Red Pine gulches. After returning to the car I discovered the adhesive pads had sluffed off my heels, leaving my skin unprotected resulting in more blisters. The moist pads are great, but the adhesive pads would gain a great deal with stronger glues to keep them in place. Next time I'll use the Moist pads in conjunction with Band Aid Tough Strips!

(legalese)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews