Thursday, July 29, 2010

Salty Models and Wind

     So I had the great idea to do a bridal shoot at the Bonneville Salt Flats last night.  I had seen other photographer's work at this location and I had a couple that were willing to travel a bit (the groom was having a bachelor party in Wendover that night which made things easy).  So off we went.

     Once again we were encountering the typical desert afternoon thunder showers which threatened to ruin the shoot.  We drove out there on the chance that we might find a break in the weather.  We did, for a bit.

     As we pulled onto the salt there was a storm front moving in from the west that looked dark and imposing.  I thought it might work well as an element to the shoot.  There was no wind to speak of and the rain hadn't started falling so I set up my lights and camera, then called the couple to action.

     These shots were done just before the wind hit.  The last shot in the series was taken with two people holding my soft boxes into a strong 20mph cross wind.  The lamp in the background fell over shortly after and smashed into a million pieces!  We made it out of there with our lives!  What a great shoot!

























     What a good day to shoot.  It was totally worth risking the storm to get these great images!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews