Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Will The Real Cayenne Please Stand Up

     Finally!  I had been waiting to see a Cayenne that I could agree with.  A local auto broker called me up and said they had a Cayenne GTS that they need shots of.  I don't really like the Cayenne's lines AT ALL. However, as I pulled up on location to shoot this cranberry red beauty my mind was changed in a moment.




     The Cayenne has always looked to me like someone connected a compressed air tank to the tailpipe of a 911 and turned it on full blast.  But this... well... not this one.




     This had pleasing lines, flowing even.  No visual distractions here.  No bubble-butted jelly bean on wheels.  Suddenly I found myself actually liking this thing.  "But I don't like the Cayenne" I said to myself.  Think again ol' boy.

     I sat staring into the multiple reflective layers of cranberry red paint that sparkled with a slight fleck and realized that Porsche had pulled a fast one on me.  They do this once in a while.  They keep all of the proper design features in reserve for one special edition and then limit the quantity they produce so that when the average person sees one they nearly soil themselves.




     This Cayenne had attitude.  It seemed to exude, "get the &%$@ out of the way, or I'll drive over your rice-burner a@#!" or, "Me?! An SUV?!  Surely you're mistaken!  No...  I'm a race car at a masquerade!"













   I have to admit it.  I REALLY like THIS Cayenne.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews